Search
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in excerpt
Search in comments
Filter by Custom Post Type

2018 Board Election

CMTBC is holding its annual election to select RMTs to sit on the College’s Board. In the 2018 Board election, there are four RMT candidates running for three vacant Board positions. See below for the candidates’ biographical summaries and election statements. Also see the Candidate Q & A.

CMTBC will mail all active RMTs an election package consisting of a ballot, ballot envelope, postage-paid return envelope, and instructions for voting and returning the ballot. RMTs will receive this election package by the end of January. Please follow the instructions and return the ballot so it is received by the College’s Registrar by 5 pm on March 1, 2018.

Jana Konkin

I graduated from WCCMT in 1999 and have been in private practice since then. In 2007 I began teaching at VCMT, and in 2009 I received my Provincial Instructor’s Diploma from Vancouver Community College. Most recently I was involved in the successful re-accreditation of the school where I was closely involved with curriculum review.

I have a strong interest in ensuring the ongoing competency of RMTs, and feel that my background in education would be an asset to the Board. By promoting high standards of practice for RMTs, we can ensure safe & effective treatment of the public.

Nick Legault

CMTBC policies must protect the public. But we need to take into account the struggles of new grads and the frustrations of current RMTs. The best way to protect the public is to come up with simple, realistic and reasonable solutions. My goal on the board is help find these solutions.

About me: I lead a team of 20 RMTs at Kelowna Medical Massage. I have extensive experience with policy making and application. I have experience mentoring and training over 20 RMTs. Outside of the CMTBC I have board, committee and executive experience.

Jennifer Lie

Hello fellow RMTs.

If elected to the board, I will bring an evidence-based approach to decision making and hope to ensure that effective treatments and outcomes remain an important part of serving the public’s interests. Over the past 7 years, I served as president or vice-president of my strata council, which provided me with some experience working collaboratively on a board. Outside of the clinic, I am pursing a graduate degree in Education, focusing on program assessment and evaluation. I would like to bring the new knowledge that I am gaining to the regulation of massage therapy.

Rodney Victor

In considering a role on the CMTBC board, I consider my past experiences to be assets. For 10 years as a construction foreman, I developed leadership skills while running a highly productive team. There I was also in charge of discipline, which I carried out thoughtfully. In my culture’s spiritual community I play an invaluable role and help the community make important ethical decisions. The skills I’ve gained from a wide variety of life experiences would serve me well in contributing to the board. I intend to help preserve and advance the profession of massage therapy.

Copyright © 2018 College of Massage Therapists of British Columbia. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Helsby Drake.