Nature of Action: On July 30, 2021 the Registrar issued a citation to Joanne Argatoff, RMT under section 37 of the Health Professions Act.
The citation notifies Ms. Argatoff that the Discipline Committee will conduct a hearing to inquire into her conduct as follows:
- Between approximately October 1, 2019 and January 1, 2020, while she was a Practising Registrant, she practiced massage therapy without professional liability insurance coverage;
- Between approximately February 7, 2020 and today’s date, she failed to reply to communications from the CMTBC in a timely or responsive manner, or at all, regarding the expiration of her professional liability insurance coverage and lack of communication regarding same, including the following communications from CMTBC:
- A letter sent by email and registered mail dated February 7, 2020;
- A letter sent by email and registered mail dated March 4, 2020;
- An email dated March 25, 2020;
- An email and letter sent by regular mail dated April 2, 2020;
- An email and letter sent by registered mail dated June 22, 2020;
- An email and letter sent by regular mail dated July 3, 2020;
- A letter sent by email dated September 1, 2020;
- A letter sent by process server dated September 1, 2020;
- A letter sent by process server dated September 16, 2020;
- A letter sent by email dated October 16, 2020;
- An email dated October 23, 2020;
- A letter sent by email dated November 16, 2020; and
- A letter sent by email and regular mail dated January 13, 2021.
Hearing Date: The hearing was held virtually on the following dates: December 15, 2021 and February 22, 2022. The hearing on verdict has now concluded, and the Discipline Committee panel has reserved its decision. When the decision of the panel is issued, this public notice will be updated.
Important Note: Citations issued by the Inquiry Committee under section 37 of the Health Professions Act contain allegations which are and remain unproven unless admitted by a registrant or determined by the Discipline Committee.